Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 42 - Goodbye.

Woke up at 5.30 am to put fireworks! And we woke everyone up! The last crazy thing we did before leaving Wuhan. It was exciting! This was the first time I played with such fireworks. You know those kind you see during national day?! The huge fireworks!



Lighting the fireworks!


After putting fireworks, we had Chee Cheong Fan for breakfast for our very last time.


Chee Cheong Fan Wife & Husband.


Wanted to take picture of the river which I ran at almost everyday but there was no time. It’s ok, it will always remember it in my heart.

Back at the hostel, we did some last minute packing and cleared the rubbish from our room.
At 9am, I bid Room 330 goodbye. =’(


My overflowing luggage.

Thank you very much Chong Sian for helping me carry my mega heavy luggage down! =D


Waiting for our bus to come.


Headed for the airport and waited for almost an hour before boarding the plane.


Wuhan Airport.


At Guangzhou airport, we waited for another 2 hours before taking our last plane home!!!


Last group photo at the boarding gate! Singaporeeeee!!!


Mr Erwinnn.


Mr Edyyy.


Another Camwhore Moment together =))


We arrived way ahead of schedule and once the plane landed, we clapped and some were with grinning faces while some were sad.

And finally, I took the first step into Changi Airport!!! Picked up my phone and gave my parents a call.

Soon after, I met up with them and as I walked out of the arrival gate, I saw a lot of families each waiting in anticipation for their child to walk out of that door.

My parents and brother came! Expected myself to tear but I didn’t. Guessed it’s because I was too happy and excited to be back in Singapore!

Once I walked out of the airport, I took a deep breath of the clean air and walked with ease not fearing that I would step on spits or holes on the floor.

Goodbye Wuhan.

I’m Home.


Reflection:

Unbelievable once again.

42 days away from home.

At this time when I am typing my final reflection, I am tearing. Don’t know why, but yes tears are welling up in my eyes.

I miss those days where I can have a hearty laugh when I’m too stressed out by assignments.

It wasn’t easy for me to take the first step out into a whole new expedition on my own 42 days ago.

Letting go of my teammates who had went through 30 trainings without me.

Leaving my family for 42 days.

Leaving my comfort zone to lead 42 days of my life with 20 strangers which now has became friends that I would keep close to my heart. And our trip leader Mr Loh who was also missing his wife dearly.

From my quote in day 10:
Henry Ford:

"Coming together is the Beginning, Keeping together is Progress, Working together is Success."

(We once started out as strangers, next to acquaintances, progressing on to buddies and now taking one big step out as consultants. I’m waiting for that day when I can proudly say that YOU have become my dearest friend, someone who has been through all with me.)

Now I can proudly say that today is the day that 20 of YOU have become my dearest friend, someone who has been through all with me. Thick and thin. Without you all, this trip would not be as fruitful and as memorable it is to me. I will keep these memories close to my heart.

If I didn’t sign up for this OIP as the 3rd batch, 21 of us would not have met each other. We would not have fostered this strong bond which I believe it will never ever break.

This trip first posed as a challenge to me to let go of my habitual lifestyle, my teammates, my cca, my family. But if I didn’t take up this challenge, I would not have fulfilled much of my dreams or do things which I will not have done it in Singapore.

It brought me out of my comfort zone but eventually it helped me to expand my perimeters of my comfort zone to an even larger area.

In the past, a 4 days camp was torturing enough for me to think of my family. But after this trip, camp is nothing. I have survived 1 and a ½ months all alone in a faraway country.

This trip was extremely fruitful as it taught me life lessons and lifeskills which could aid me in my future endeavours.

I would never forget what was taught during lectures, my personal experiences, friendships formed and many other things which I could not plainly write down in words.

21 Guns. 42 Days.

This journey has ended and today marks the end of it.
Remember to gather ourselves up and prepare for the next phase of life in less than a week.
This journey might have ended but this is just part and parcel of our life.
There is still more to come.

Move On.



Love,
Xanier

No comments:

Post a Comment